Sunday, March 14, 2010

Shout Out to My Boy!

Steven and I have been on a big health kick lately, and it has really paid off for him! 20 pounds in the past month. HOLLA! He looks super good. And I'm super proud! I would include a picture, but he'd kill me if he knew I was writing about this, so it's a good thing for me that he never looks at this. I've always wanted us to be more healthy, and he has too; but, lets just say that our actions in the past have been much louder than our words. Sounds like a typical married couple right?? Everytime we started a new thing TOGETHER it always ended two weeks later. I must admit I would get frustrated at times because he didn't want to eat healthy and hit the gym every day. No one else's hubby is like that right?! Its hard to stay healthy when the person you eat almost every meal with doesn't want to eat egg whites and salad! But, his latest achievements have changed his mind somewhat. Last night we sat down to eat dinner and he prayed that, "we could continue to stay healthy and keep the weight off". Say whaaa? I just about fell off my chair and maybe said AMEN a little too loud. Maybe a miracle, maybe not. Regardless, I'm grateful for this big change and hope it sticks around for while! I need to catch up to him!

6 comments:

  1. I just laughed out loud at the amen part! Good for you guys for sticking to it. It's tough at times, but feels so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Steven! I've been trying to cook really healthy too, and Jason always thinks he likes healthy food, until he actually has to eat it. I always find him scrounging around the fridge for ice cream or bean burritos after a healthy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds familiar. I've been trying to cook really healthy lately, and when I ask, Jason always says he likes healthy food. Problem is, his idea of healthy food is a berry milkshake...It's alot harder to do it on your own. Possible though.
    Way to go to both of you though!!! Excited to see pictures this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. so I was so confused, cause I thought I left a comment but it wasn't showing up. So I left another one, and finally realized it won't show up unless you approve it. So you can choose which, if either to approve (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is a lot of weight to lose in one month! Share the tips!!!!

    ReplyDelete