Friday, April 16, 2010

Bright Lights. Big Party.

Last Saturday NASCAR came to town so naturally Steven's parents came too!  They are HUGE NASCAR fans and invited us and my little bro Neil to join them.  We had a blast!

My little man while we were in the cab.  Steven talked the cab driver into taking us from our car waaay out in the dirt parking lot to the front gates for 5 bucks.  My feet thanked him.

Woo!  Theres nothing like the sound of 40+ stock cars going all at once!

Ann and Steve!

The boys insisted on having huge hot dogs.  I think they were each a foot long.  Sick.

The headphones saved my ears, and they helped me keep track of what the heck was going on the whole time.  They broadcasted the guys commentating about the race.  I kinda felt like I knew what was goin on!

And, this big guy was right in the middle of all of those thousands of people as we were walking out.
Welcome to Arizona NASCAR!
                       
And, I'd also like to mention that this was my second NASCAR race.  The first one I went to was while we were living in Indianapolis.  Arizona rednecks are NOTHING compared to midwest rednecks... 

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I never thought I would want to go to a Nascar race but maybe I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete