Friday, August 7, 2009

The Little Things

Today Steven and I stumbled upon a Sonic in downtown Spokane so we stopped and got lunch and drinks (my favorite!). It totally made us homesick for the seemingly "simplier life" of Thatcher. We always had little Sonic dates while we lived there. It got us talking about how ready we are to be done with the summer and to go back to our normal lives. This summer has been so crazy! The day to day grind gets stressful and wearing. We are so grateful we've had this opportunity, but we are definitely ready to be done with this summer. I don't think I've ever been so ready to go back to school! Steven's job leaves very little time for us to be together so I've become very grateful for the little things that he has done throughout the summer to show me that he loves me and recognizes the sacrifices that I have made so he can do this crazy job. Just a few of my favorite things have been:

  • Last night when he was so tired and sick, but still was willing to let me drag the huge tv thats supposed to be in our hotel living room into the bedroom so we could lay in bed and watch a movie together.

  • When I went back to AZ for a few weeks and he made sure that there were flowers waiting in my room for me when I got there.

  • The simple fact that he let me leave for 3 weeks!

  • The time he surprised me with a lobster dinner that he cooked himself.

  • The texts that I get several times a day that say "I love you".

  • The way he sticks up for me when the guys we work with are rude or disrespectful.

  • When he says "thank you" for dinner or clean clothes, etc.

  • The way he snuggles up to me in the morning when he wakes up and keeps shifting around trying to appear like he is "accidentally" waking me up.

  • When we are finished with dinner and he says "lets go get a Mcdonalds ice cream cone". He knows I love that!

  • And, that he has worked so hard for us everyday this summer.

It is so hard some days to feel that I have a purpose in my life right now. Its hard to stay patient and supportive. There is no way that WE would make it through this job without all of the little things that Steven does to make me feel special. This is just my little way of showing my appreciation. I'm a lucky girl!

1 comment: