Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer is OVER...

Steven and I continued our "end of the summer" tradition of going to the lake. This year we went with Steven's parents and brother Wes and his girlfriend Shawna. It was a great way to spend some time with Steven's dad before he left for Africa again for 2 more months. We all met at Apache Lake and stayed at the resort there. We had SO much fun! I still didn't get up on the stupid wakeboard, which makes me so mad BUT, we just bought a girl wakeboard that is a lot smaller than Steven's huge one so I will hopefully be successful next time we go! It was so nice to de-stress from our crazy summer, and was a good last hoorah before we started school again.

The lake was beautiful!



Steven and Wes


Steve and Ann

Oh Wes...

Pretty Shawna!


I took a little spill...

My arm ended up getting caught around the rope. This picture is of my rope burn right after my little incident.

This picture is of the massive bruise on my arm and back the next day. A week later, I still have huge bruises and they look a whole lot worse... I'm such a klutz!

Steven borrowed a Sky Ski for the weekend and fell in love with it once he figured out how to use it!


3 comments:

  1. Lexa, holy crap! Those bruises look painful! The lake looks so fun- I'm jealous. We haven't been in about 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch! sorry about the injury, looks like you guys had fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete